Books I read in 2018
As a kid I read a lot of books. Not so the last couple of years. In 2018 I managed to get thoroughly into reading again. There is just so much to learn, and the more I read, the more I want to read. If you’re interested, this is my Goodreads account.
In 2018, I apparently read around 5000 pages total over 16 books (see My Year in Books on Goodreads). I’m pretty satisfied with that. The themes of the books seem to be mainly business, startups, tech and biographies.
Here’s a list of the books I read. Those in bold are especially recommended.
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- The Everything Store by Brad Stone
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- The Mythical Man-Month by Frederik P. Brooks Jr.
- Liar’s Poker by Michael Lewis
- Zero to One by Peter Thiel
- In the Plex by Steven Levy
- Fresh Off the Boat by Eddie Huang
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- The New New Thing by Michael Lewis
- The Manager’s Path by Camille Fournier
- Bad Blood by John Carreyrou
- A Philosophy of Software Design by John Ousterhout
- Masters of Doom by David Kushner
- Stoner by John Williams (only fiction book this year)
I got a Kindle for Christmas, and I’m loving it so far. Looking forward to reading more this year!